Roadworthy Certificates in Frankston (RWC)


Anywhere in Victoria a certificate of roadworthiness must be obtained whenever a vehicle is being sold.

The person selling the vehicle must produce a current roadworthiness certificate to the purchaser, unless the buyer is a spouse or a motor vehicle trader.

A car or motorbike can be sold without an RWC if it is un-registered but prior to that vehicle being transferred or re-registered an RWC must be obtained, either by the purchaser or the buyer.

A roadworthiness certificate will be needed to clear off a vehicle defect notice in Victoria.

How do I get a Roadworthy Certificate in Frankston?

Vehicle Inspection Frankston1.jpg 

Your vehicle must undergo a roadworthy inspection test, if it passes - a roadworthy certificate is issued to you. RWC's can only be issued by licensed vehicle testers - Marshall automotive is a licensed vehicle testing station.
A roadworthy inspection covers the major safety related items, including:

• wheels and tyres
• steering, suspension and braking systems
• seats and seat belts
• lamps and reflectors
• windscreen, and windows including front windscreen wipers and washers
• the structure of the vehicle itself
• safety related items on the body, chassis or engine.

How long is my RWC Valid for?

Your vehicle's RWC is valid for 30 days from the date it is issued.

Mechanic for Brake SErvice Frankston1.jpg
How much does it cost to get a RWC?

The cost of obtaining a Roadworthiness certificate depends on a lot of variables including the age, type and condition of the vehicle being examined. Feel free to Contact Us today for more information.
Please remember, a roadworthy inspection test is not a complete test of the overall reliability or condition of any vehicle. If you would like a comprehensive check on the overall condition and reliability of the vehicle then Contact us at Marshall Automotive to ask about a fully comprehensive 150 point vehicle inspection.


Specialist Car Services